Friday, November 16, 2007

The Books Are Here!


I’m holding in my hand a book with my name on it! Desert Medicine is finally here! About 20 years ago I decided that I’d be a novelist, and 13 years ago I began writing the first draft of Desert Medicine, so this book is a long time in the making. I can hardly believe it’s finally here!

Last night I had my first official “book signing” at a small group, the Lovely Literary Ladies book club, which I’ve belonged to for about five years. They were gracious enough to read the story in manuscript form several years ago, at a time when it still seemed probable that the book would never make it to publication. How wonderful to celebrate success with women who remember how hard I’ve worked. I even sold copies of my book!

My official book launch party will be December 8, 7 p.m. in Orange, CA. Everyone’s invited:

What: Book Launch Party (music, talk about the creative process, book signing)
Where: Orange Coast Community Church, 632 N. Eckhoff (near Orangewood), Orange, CA 92868
When: December 8, 7 p.m.
To Do: Bring your friends!

Photo:
“Author” Judy Alexander with a stack of boxes full of copies of her novel Desert Medicine.

No comments: